We The People is a mobile Application and service created and maintained by Hypr Technologies, Inc. (Hypr). To provide the services, the Application will collect certain personal information from you, the User.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How we store that information.
- How to access and change your information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Hypr so whether you are new to us or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
The Personal Data that this Application collects is based on the information you give us when using the app. This includes: your geographic position, [phone number], a device ID unique to your mobile device, and your political preferences. This data is only tied to your device ID and not to anything personally identifiable. It is stored and maintained anonymously. This Personal Data may be freely provided by you, or collected automatically when using this Application (such at your geographic position).
This Application, Hypr’s services, and third party partners may collect files that record interaction with this Application (system logs) only for operation and maintenance purposes.
When you don’t provide certain Personal Data it may make it difficult for our Application to provide our services.
How we use the Information we collect
Data concerning our users is collected to allow us to provide our services. The data is used to provide you with relevant news/information, and to generate maps and reports that will, without personally identifying you to other users, allow our users of the Application to view the levels of support for political candidates, parties or issues in geographical areas.
We will never share any personally identifiable information with our partners. without your explicit permission, except for legal reasons (see below).
How we store and process the Data
Methods of processing: We work hard to protect Hypr and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Hypr employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
In addition to Hypr, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Hypr.
Place: Your information is stored and processed at Hypr’s operating offices, at facilities maintained by our hosting providers, and in any other places where the parties involved with the storage and processing are located.
Retention time: Your information is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document.
Information we share for Legal Reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Hypr if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Hypr, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Do Not Track: This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please take a look at their privacy policies.
Contact information for privacy requests: Please direct requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When request data removal, please include your phone number so that your record may be identified.